Friday, July 15, 2011

Tomatoes!

  In early June I planted a flowerpot garden on the back deck of my house. Two of the tomato plants have grown really well, and they smell delightful. I had planted four tomato plants, but lost two of them because I planted them too deep and the stems rotted. The two that survived have some small green tomatoes on them now. The plants require a lot of water and some plant food. They are in a nice sunny spot where they can grow.
  I started the cantaloupes from seeds, and they are flowering nicely. I'm eager for some fresh cantaloupe. 
  I also planted a raspberry plant and some cherry pits in the two empty pots. We'll have to wait and see if they do any good, though.


Flowering cantaloupe plants.







Cantaloupe plants.




Little green tomatoes growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment