Monday, April 9, 2012

My New Manual Ice Shaver

  With the warmer weather coming up, I had been thinking about all the frozen drinks I could make with finely crushed or shaved ice-iced coffees, teas, fruit punches, the list goes on and on. I finally went out and bought one. You can get a manual ice shaver for about $10. It was a little challenging to use with ice cubes, and you'll definitely use some muscle. If you have the extra money for an automatic ice shaver it might be worth it, but I haven't tried to use one.
  Today I made iced drinks with Diet Pepsi and with Wyler's Light raspberry drink mix. I can't wait to try iced juices and margaritas, too. Specialty drinks like iced coffees can be expensive at restaurants, so this is an economical way to enjoy some nice, cold drinks throughout the spring and summer. The drinks in the photos are just sample size, so I would recommend larger cups and either a straw or a spoon for an actual drink.

Iced Diet Pepsi





Iced Fruit Drink

No comments:

Post a Comment