Sunday, March 13, 2011

Frozen Bananas

Frozen bananas seem to be the next big thing, so today I tried some. They were wonderful. 
I first heard about the idea when Dawn Jackson Blatner, a registered dietitian, said in an article that sliced, frozen bananas could be eaten as a healthy dessert, and tasted like ice cream. That definitely got my attention. Then Joy Bauer, also an RD, suggested on her facebook page to puree the frozen banana slices or add peanut butter or cocoa. They can be eaten this way in a bowl, more like a scoop of a creamy dessert. 
Today I just sliced a banana in bite-sized pieces like I would for cereal, placed them in a container with a lid, and put them in the freezer for a few hours. They had to thaw for about 10 minutes when I got them out. They really did taste like bites of ice cream. This is a wonderful low-calorie snack, and is also great for children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment